Visitors to Alloa are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, bars and golf courses. Stirling Castle, Royal Highland Centre and National Wallace Monument are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Alloa
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 18 mi (29 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 31.7 mi (51 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alloa
A favourite place to visit in the city is Alloa Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Stirling Castle and Royal Highland Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Alloa. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Garvally House - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Inglewood House and Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see outside the city include National Wallace Monument, located 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city centre, and Falkirk Wheel, which is 8.3 mi/13.4 km away.
Getting around Alloa
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Alloa Station. Alloa may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Alloa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Alloa is 24 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C