Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auchterarder, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include Gleneagles and Gleneagles Golf Course.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Auchterarder
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Auchterarder
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Ochil Hills. Other notable sights to explore include Gleneagles and Gleneagles Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Auchterarder. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Persie Croft B&B - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Smiddy Haugh Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this inn. With a stay at this 2-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with cable TV.
- Cairn Lodge - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Stirling Castle, 14 mi/22.6 km from the heart of the city, and National Wallace Monument, which is 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away.
Getting around Auchterarder
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Auchterarder Gleneagles Station. Auchterarder may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Auchterarder
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Auchterarder gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C