Visitors to Kirkcaldy are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and festivals. Top sights around the area include Royal Yacht Britannia, Royal Botanic Garden and Easter Road Stadium.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Kirkcaldy
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kirkcaldy
Favourite places to visit in the city include North Sea, Kirkcaldy Museum and Art Gallery and Fife Ice Arena. In the area, you'll also find Royal Yacht Britannia and Royal Botanic Garden.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Kirkcaldy. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dean Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Ashgrove B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Strathearn Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Easter Road Stadium, located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre, which is 11.9 mi/19.1 km away.
Getting around Kirkcaldy
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Kirkcaldy Station or Glenrothes with Thornton Station. Kirkcaldy might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kirkcaldy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kirkcaldy is 15 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are March and January with an average of 2°C