Search Hotels in Scottish Highlands
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Northern Highlands
Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Northern Highlands, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and countryside setting. Top sights in the city include Inverness Castle, Ullapool Harbour and Durness Beach.
- There are 964 hotels and other accommodation options in Northern Highlands
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 36.1 mi (58.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Northern Highlands
Cultural venues in the city include Cardhu Distillery, Macallan Distillery and Glenmorangie Distillery. Attractions like Inverness Botanic Gardens and Glen Strathfarrar are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Inverness Castle, Carbisdale Castle and Bonar Bridge.
In Inverness, you'll find 964 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Factor's House - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Glasdair Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Tamarin Lodge B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Northern Highlands include Ullapool Harbour, Durness Beach and North Sea.
Getting around Northern Highlands
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Northern Highlands is simple. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Lairg Station, Invershin Station or Culrain Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.