Visitors to Kyle are sure to enjoy the bars. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and welcoming setting. Around the area, top sights include Eilean Donan Castle, Plockton Harbour and Glen Affric.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Kyle
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 55.5 mi (89.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kyle
Notable city landmarks like Skye Bridge and Glenelg Brochs might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lochaber Geopark, Five Sisters of Kintail and Loch Carron. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glen Shiel and Loch Hourn.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Kyle. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kyle Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Balmacara Hotel - Our customers like the bar and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Eilean Donan Castle, located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Plockton Harbour, which is 11.1 mi (17.8 km) away.
Getting around Kyle
With so many ways to get around, seeing Kyle is easy. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kyle Of Lochalsh Station or Duirinish Station. You can catch a ferry to see more of the region.
Dressing for Kyle
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 13°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 11°C as the daytime average and 4°C as the night-time average
- About 924.40 millimetres of rain falls on Kyle each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 14°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C