Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Glenrothes, which is also known for its bars and gardens. Welcoming and secluded, this city attracts tourists with its spas and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Royal Yacht Britannia, Royal Botanic Garden and Easter Road Stadium.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Glenrothes
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glenrothes
Royal Yacht Britannia, Royal Botanic Garden and Easter Road Stadium are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre and Calton Hill.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Glenrothes. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Gilvenbank - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Palace of Holyroodhouse, 16.8 mi/27.1 km from the heart of the city, and Princes Street, which is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away.
Getting around Glenrothes
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Markinch Station. Glenrothes may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Glenrothes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 701.60 millimetres of rain falls on Glenrothes each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C