Visitors to Leven are sure to enjoy the golf courses, seaside and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Muirfield Golf Course, Discovery Point and Verdant Works.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Leven
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 16.9 mi (27.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 24.8 mi (39.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leven
The countryside and the sea highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including North Sea, Elie Beach and Leven Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Elie Holiday Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Leven. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ship Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- The Inn at Lathones - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Caledonian Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to see outside the city include Muirfield Golf Course, 12.7 mi/20.4 km from the city centre, and Discovery Point, which is 16.8 mi (27 km) away.
Dressing for Leven
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Leven is 26 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C