Visitors to Markinch are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Royal Yacht Britannia, Muirfield Golf Course and St. Andrews Links.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Markinch
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Markinch
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Royal Yacht Britannia, Muirfield Golf Course and St. Andrews Links. In the area, you'll also find Falkland Palace and Loch Leven Castle.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Drummonds Hotel & Steakhouse - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
Getting around Markinch
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Markinch Station. Markinch might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Markinch
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Markinch gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C