Search Hotels in Burntisland
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
Visitors to Burntisland are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Royal Yacht Britannia, Royal Botanic Garden and Easter Road Stadium.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Burntisland
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burntisland
Notable city landmarks like Aberdour Castle and Inchcolm Abbey might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: North Sea, Silver Sands Beach and Craigencalt Farm Ecology Centre. Additionally, you might want to add Braefoot Bay Terminal to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Burntisland. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Aberdour Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kingswood Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Bay Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Royal Yacht Britannia, located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre, and Royal Botanic Garden, which is 6.2 mi/10 km away.
Getting around Burntisland
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Burntisland Station, Aberdour Station or Kinghorn Station. Burntisland might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Burntisland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Burntisland is 24 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Burntisland?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Burntisland, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Burntisland?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Burntisland?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Burntisland?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Burntisland?
Burntisland Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Burntisland by Star Rating
- Hotels near Burntisland Airports
- Accommodation near Burntisland Attractions
- More accommodation types in Burntisland
- Choose Your Burntisland Hotel Style
- Search Burntisland Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Burntisland
- Hotels Near Burntisland, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends