Visiting South Queensferry
Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in South Queensferry, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh Zoo and Murrayfield Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2741 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in South Queensferry
The city is notable for landmarks like Forth Road Bridge, Hopetoun House and Forth Rail Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port Edgar and Dalmeny House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in South Queensferry. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Parkhead House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- Dakota Edinburgh - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Royal Highland Centre, 3.3 mi/5.3 km from the heart of the city, and Edinburgh Zoo, which is 5.7 mi (9.2 km) away.
Getting around South Queensferry
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at South Queensferry Dalmeny Station. South Queensferry might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for South Queensferry
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- South Queensferry gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C