History buffs will enjoy exploring Falkirk, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Stirling Castle, Royal Highland Centre and Celtic Park.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Falkirk
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 26.9 mi (43.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Falkirk
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Falkirk Wheel, Callendar House, and The Pineapple. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Helix and Falkirk Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 23 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Falkirk. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Cladhan - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and convenient parking.
- Beancross - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Stirling Castle, 10.7 mi/17.3 km from the city centre, and Royal Highland Centre, which is 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away.
Getting around Falkirk
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Falkirk Grahamston Station, Falkirk High Station or Camelon Station. Falkirk might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Falkirk
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 701.60 millimetres of rain falls on Falkirk each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C