Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Motherwell, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and rainforests. Celtic Park, Glasgow Cathedral and Hampden Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Motherwell
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Motherwell
A couple of favourite places to visit are Colville Park Golf Club and Fir Park Stadium. In the area, you'll also find Celtic Park and Glasgow Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Motherwell. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and proximity to public transport.
- Dakota Eurocentral - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bentley Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Hampden Park, located 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the heart of the city, and George Square, which is 12.4 mi/20 km away.
Getting around Motherwell
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Motherwell Carfin Station, Motherwell Holytown Station or Motherwell Cleland Station. Motherwell might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Motherwell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 1323 millimetres of rain falls on Motherwell each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C