Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kirknewton, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the golfing, spas and restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its bars and shopping.
- There are 3 Kirknewton hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kirknewton
- Golfing is one of the top activities, whereas Dalmahoy Golf Course, Deer Park Golf and Country Club, and Baberton Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Potter Around, Jupiter Artland, and Edinburgh Castle
- Popular family attractions include Edinburgh Zoo, Royal Commonwealth Pool, and Our Dynamic Earth
- Notable landmarks include Greyfriars Kirk, St. Giles' Cathedral, and Palace of Holyroodhouse
- The natural setting of the countryside is picturesque, and places to visit include Princes Street Gardens, Arthur's Seat, and Royal Botanic Garden
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Livingston Designer Outlet, Gyle Shopping Centre and Armstrong's
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Murrayfield Stadium or Easter Road Stadium
Getting around Kirknewton
Kirknewton has many options for getting around. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Kirknewton Station.
Staying in Kirknewton
For trips with large groups, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel & Country Club.
You may enjoy one of these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- A Room in the Country
- Highfield House
A favourite with Expedia travellers is A Room in the Country with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel & Country Club and Highfield House are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Kirknewton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Kirknewton each year