Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Sep 2020
Pocket Guide: Ratho
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Ratho, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, bars and shopping. Welcoming and cosy, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its running and coffeehouses.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ratho
- Popular cultural attractions include Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre, and Royal Yacht Britannia
- Families come for attractions such as Edinburgh Zoo, Royal Commonwealth Pool, and Our Dynamic Earth
- Notable landmarks include Greyfriars Kirk, St. Giles' Cathedral, and Palace of Holyroodhouse
- The natural setting of the countryside is picturesque, and places to visit include Princes Street Gardens, Arthur's Seat, and Royal Botanic Garden
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Gyle Shopping Centre, Livingston Designer Outlet and Geoffrey Kiltmakers and Weavers
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Murrayfield Stadium or Easter Road Stadium
Staying in Ratho
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy The Bridge Inn.
The Bridge Inn, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Ratho
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ratho is 24 millimetres