Visitors can enjoy all that Penicuik has to offer including the golf courses and parks. Rosslyn Chapel (Collegiate Chapel of St. Matthew), Murrayfield Stadium and Edinburgh Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2782 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Penicuik
A favourite place to visit in the city is Pentland Hills Regional Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Rosslyn Chapel (Collegiate Chapel of St. Matthew) and Murrayfield Stadium.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Craigie - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and WiFi.
Top places to see in the area include Edinburgh Zoo, 8.6 mi/13.9 km from the heart of the city, and King's Theatre, which is 8.8 mi/14.1 km away.
Dressing for Penicuik
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Penicuik gets about 701.60 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C