Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Ware, which is also known for its gardens and spas. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its golf courses, bars and cafes. Kelvedon Hatch, White Hart Lane Stadium and Alexandra Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Ware
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ware
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Rye Meads Nature Reserve. Golfing is a top activity, and Ash Valley Golf Club is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Kelvedon Hatch and White Hart Lane Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Ware. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fanhams Hall - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an indoor pool.
Top places to see outside the city include Alexandra Palace, 19.1 mi/30.7 km from the city centre, and Finsbury Park, which is 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away.
Getting around Ware
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Ware Station or St Margarets Station. Ware may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ware
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Ware gets about 659.10 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C