Search Stirling Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 15 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 11 Nov 2019
History buffs will enjoy exploring Stirling, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its monuments and university setting. Top sights in the city include Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park and National Wallace Monument.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodation options in Stirling
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 25 mi (40.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 26 mi (41.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stirling
Cultural venues in the city include The Engine Shed, Argyll's Lodging and Smith Art Gallery and Museum. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Stirling Castle, National Wallace Monument and Old Town Jail. The city's natural beauty is on display at Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Lake of Menteith and Loch Ard Forest.
Top places to see in the area include Glasgow Cathedral, 21.1 mi/34 km from the city centre, and Celtic Park, which is 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away.
Getting around Stirling
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Stirling Station or Stirling Bridge Of Allan Station. Stirling might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stirling
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 1323 millimetres of rain falls on Stirling each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Stirling?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stirling, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Stirling?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Stirling?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Stirling?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Stirling?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Stirling?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Stirling?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Stirling?
Where's the best place to stay in Stirling to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Stirling?
Stirling Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Stirling by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stirling Airports
- Accommodation near Stirling Attractions
- More accommodation types in Stirling
- Choose Your Stirling Hotel Style
- Search Stirling Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stirling
- Hotels Near Stirling, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends