Search Hotels in Peebles
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Sep 2020
Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Peebles, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its golf courses and spas. Rosslyn Chapel (Collegiate Chapel of St. Matthew), Royal Commonwealth Pool and King's Theatre are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Peebles
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Peebles
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Neidpath Castle, St Ronan's Wells, and Robert Smail's Printing Works. Top activities include cycling and golfing, while Peebles Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Haylodge Park and Kailzie Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Peebles. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Horseshoe Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cringletie House Hotel - Our customers love the dining options and quiet location at this country house. With a stay at this 4-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Tontine Hotel - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Rosslyn Chapel (Collegiate Chapel of St. Matthew), 14.1 mi/22.8 km from the city centre, and Royal Commonwealth Pool, which is 19.9 mi (32 km) away.
Dressing for Peebles
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Peebles each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Peebles?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Peebles, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Peebles?
What's the best hotel for families in Peebles?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Peebles?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Peebles?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Peebles?
What's the best boutique hotel in Peebles?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Peebles?
What's the best hotel in Peebles that's close to historical sites?
Peebles Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Peebles by Star Rating
- Hotels near Peebles Airports
- Accommodation near Peebles Attractions
- More accommodation types in Peebles
- Choose Your Peebles Hotel Style
- Search Peebles Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Peebles
- Hotels Near Peebles, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends