Visitors can enjoy all that Biggar has to offer including the coffee shops, football games and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and countryside setting. A top sight in the area is New Lanark.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Biggar
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 31.3 mi (50.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Biggar
Cultural venues in the city include Biggar Gasworks, Moat Park Heritage Centre and Museum of Lead Mining. Additionally, you'll find New Lanark in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Biggar. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Kirkstyle Hotel - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cornhill Castle Hotel - Our customers like the bar and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Abington M74 - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
A popular place to see outside the city is Livingston Designer Outlet, located 25.7 mi (41.3 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Biggar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 701.60 millimetres of rain falls on Biggar each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C