Visitors to Dunoon are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and gardens. Top sights in the city include Benmore Botanic Garden and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Dunoon
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 36.8 mi (59.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunoon
The city's cultural venues include Castle House Museum and The Queens Hall. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Benmore Botanic Garden and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, while Dunoon Ferry Terminal, Holy Loch Marina and Cowal Golf Club are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Dunoon. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Douglas Park Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a library, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Park Hotel Dunoon - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Argyll Hotel - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include 3 restaurants and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Loch Lomond, 16.7 mi/26.9 km from the city centre, and Loch Fyne, which is 11.5 mi (18.6 km) away.
Dressing for Dunoon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Dunoon gets about 1323 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C