Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Aug 2020
Visitors to Largs are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Paisley Abbey, Benmore Botanic Garden and Loch Lomond Shores.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Largs
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Largs
Notable city landmarks like Kelburn Castle and Country Centre and Pencil Monument might be worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Paisley Abbey and Benmore Botanic Garden.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Largs. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- St Leonards Guest House - Amenities at this 3.5-star guesthouse include free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Brisbane House Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Loch Lomond, 22.5 mi/36.2 km from the city centre, and Loch Lomond Shores, which is 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away.
Getting around Largs
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Largs Station or Fairlie Station. Largs may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Largs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 47 millimetres of rain falls on Largs each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C