Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Greenock, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Benmore Botanic Garden, Paisley Abbey and Loch Lomond are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Greenock
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenock
The city's cultural venues include Custom House and McLean Museum and Art Gallery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lyle Hill and Cathcart Square.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Greenock. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Tontine Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Greenock - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Waterfront Guest Accommodation - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room fridge. Expedia customers like its overall value and location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Benmore Botanic Garden, located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city centre, and Paisley Abbey, which is 14.6 mi/23.4 km away.
Getting around Greenock
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Greenock Drumfrochar Station, Greenock Whinhill Station or Greenock Branchton Station. Greenock might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Greenock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 1323 millimetres of rain falls on Greenock each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C