Visitors to Helensburgh are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, golf courses and waterfront. Top sights around the area include Loch Lomond, Benmore Botanic Garden and Paisley Abbey.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Helensburgh
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 34.6 mi (55.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Helensburgh
Notable city landmarks like Hill House and St. Modan's Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. Additionally, you might want to add Kilcreggan Ferry Terminal to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Helensburgh. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Knockderry Country House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Rosslea Hall Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Ardencaple Hotel by Greene King Inns - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Loch Lomond, 8.5 mi/13.7 km from the city centre, and Benmore Botanic Garden, which is 9.7 mi (15.6 km) away.
Getting around Helensburgh
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Helensburgh Central Station, Helensburgh Upper Station or Craigendoran Station. Helensburgh might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Helensburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 1323 millimetres of rain falls on Helensburgh each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C