Visitors to Dumbarton are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, football games and churches. Loch Lomond, Paisley Abbey and Botanic Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Dumbarton
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dumbarton
A couple of favourite places to visit are Dumbarton Castle and Denny Tank. Additionally, in the area you'll find Loch Lomond and Paisley Abbey.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Dumbarton. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Abbotsford Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Cardross Inn - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Dumbuck House Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Botanic Gardens, located 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city centre, and Riverside Museum, which is 13 mi/21 km away.
Getting around Dumbarton
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Alexandria Renton Station, Dumbarton Dalreoch Station or Dumbarton Central Station. Dumbarton might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Dumbarton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Dumbarton gets about 1319.50 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C