Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bishopton, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the horseback riding, restaurants and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its spas.
- There are 4 Bishopton hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Bishopton
- Horseback riding is just one of the many top activities, whereas Teasure Trails and Hillside Path are great sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Museum of Transport, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and Glasgow Science Centre
- Notable landmarks include Paisley Abbey, George Square, and Glasgow Cathedral
- The natural setting of the countryside is picturesque, and places to visit include Botanic Gardens, Fossil Grove, and Gleniffer Braes Country Park
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at The SSE Hydro or Celtic Park
Getting around Bishopton
There are plenty of options for getting around Bishopton. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Bishopton Station.
Staying in Bishopton
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Ingliston Country Club Hotel
- Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ingliston Country Club Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort has a 4.5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Bishopton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Bishopton is 1326 millimetres