Search Hotels in Rothesay
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Rothesay has to offer including the waterfront and monuments. The welcoming and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Benmore Botanic Garden and Loch Fyne.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Rothesay
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothesay
The city is notable for landmarks like Mount Stuart, Rothesay Castle and Victorian Toilets. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Rothesay Ferry Terminal is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ardencraig Gardens and Ascog Fernery and Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Rothesay. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- St. Ebba B&B - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Bayview Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Glenburn Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Benmore Botanic Garden, located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Loch Fyne, which is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away.
Dressing for Rothesay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Rothesay each year
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Rothesay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rothesay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Rothesay?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Rothesay?
Rothesay Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Rothesay by Star Rating
- Hotels near Rothesay Airports
- Accommodation near Rothesay Attractions
- More accommodation types in Rothesay
- Choose Your Rothesay Hotel Style
- Search Rothesay Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Rothesay
- Hotels Near Rothesay, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends