Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sedgefield, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, bars and parks. Welcoming and relaxing, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its live music, coffeehouses and sporting events.
- There are 3 Sedgefield hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sedgefield
- Known for its live music scene, whereas Hartlepool Maritime Experience, National Railway Museum at Shildon, and Summerhill Visitors Centre are some local cultural sights
- Durham Cathedral and Durham Castle are noteworthy landmarks
- The lakes and parks highlight the natural beauty, and Hardwick Park, Wynyard Woodland Park, and Jubilee Park are several places worth visiting
Staying in Sedgefield
Seeking a charming or small, stylish hotel? You might love Best Western Plus Hardwick Hall Hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Best Western Plus Hardwick Hall Hotel with a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Sedgefield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 17°C, whereas the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Sedgefield is 19 millimetres