Visitors to Middlesbrough are sure to enjoy the sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, museums and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Yorkshire Moors and Riverside Stadium.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodation options in Middlesbrough
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 51.8 mi (83.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middlesbrough
Cultural venues in the city include Middlesbrough Theatre, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art and Dorman Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Middlesbrough Transporter Bridge, Ormesby Hall and St Mary's Cathedral. The picturesque setting of Yorkshire Moors and Stewart Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Middlesbrough. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and central location.
- Jurys Inn Middlesbrough - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Baltimore Hotel - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a restaurant and satellite TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Middlesbrough include Riverside Stadium. Popular places to visit in the area include Hartlepool Maritime Experience, 7.9 mi/12.8 km from the heart of the city, and Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo, which is 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away.
Getting around Middlesbrough
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Middlesbrough Station, James Cook Station or South Bank Station. Middlesbrough might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Middlesbrough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 19 millimetres of rain falls on Middlesbrough each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C