Budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Hartlepool though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, waterfront and football games. Top sights in the city include Hartlepool Maritime Experience and North Sea.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Hartlepool
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 14.1 mi (22.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 30.1 mi (48.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hartlepool
Cultural venues in the city include Hartlepool Maritime Experience, Summerhill Visitors Centre and Museum of Hartlepool. The city's natural beauty is on display at North Sea, Seaton Carew Beach and Ward Jackson Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monkey Statue and Victoria Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Hartlepool. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Altonlea Lodge Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Douglas Hotel - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include a restaurant and an in-room coffee machine.
- Best Western Grand Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include Durham Cathedral, located 14 mi (22.6 km) from the city centre, and Durham Castle, which is 14.1 mi/22.7 km away.
Getting around Hartlepool
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hartlepool Station or Seaton Carew Station. Hartlepool may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Hartlepool
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Hartlepool is 19 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C