Upscale lodging choices in Stockton-on-Tees make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars, lakeside setting and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and zoo. Top sights around the area include Hartlepool Maritime Experience, Durham Cathedral and Durham Castle.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Stockton-on-Tees
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 36.3 mi (58.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stockton-on-Tees
Attractions like Butterfly World and Wild Animal Adventures are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Preston Park, Wynyard Woodland Park and Hardwick Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sedgefield Racecourse and Ropner Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Stockton-on-Tees. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton by Hilton Stockton on Tees - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Outram 26 - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- The Impeccable Pig - This 4.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Popular places to see outside the city include Hartlepool Maritime Experience, 9.7 mi/15.5 km from the city centre, and Durham Cathedral, which is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) away.
Getting around Stockton-on-Tees
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Stockton Station, Thornaby Station or Stockton-on-Tees Eaglescliffe Station. Stockton-on-Tees may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stockton-on-Tees
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Stockton-on-Tees is 546.90 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C