Visitors to Ferryhill are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and spas. Top sights around the area include Durham Cathedral, Durham Castle and Hartlepool Maritime Experience.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Ferryhill
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ferryhill
Durham Cathedral, Durham Castle and Hartlepool Maritime Experience are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Washington Old Hall and Bowes Museum.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Eden Arms Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Riverside Stadium, located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city centre, and Beamish Open Air Museum, which is 15.3 mi (24.7 km) away.
Dressing for Ferryhill
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Ferryhill gets about 19 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C