Quite a disappointing stay unfortunately. Some aspects admittedly due to COVID and unavoidable, others (and the focus of this review) down to this hotel not meeting Hilton’s usual high standards.
1. The rooms aren’t in a great condition, they’re aged, with plenty of marks, chips and other wear and tear on the furniture, walls, and floor. The pictures make it look a lot nicer than it actually is.
2. Whilst housekeeping is currently an opt-in service, they did not attend to our room on a day we specifically did request it (on leaving the hotel in the morning) and then did come to our room on a morning it had not been requested.
3. Following housekeeping refreshing our room, it became clear that some amenities (soaps, coffee, biscuits, etc) had not been put in our room for our arrival.
4. We were unable to use the pool at any time during our stay, it was fully booked for the duration of our stay (3 nights) by the time we arrived for check in. I had messaged the hotel 1 week in advance to try and book this and received no reply. I phoned the hotel 24 hours before arrival and was told it was fully booked. Whilst I appreciate a booking scheme is probably necessary at the moment due to COVID guidelines, it’s a shame that all guests are not given warning of the need or a proper opportunity to book use of the pool.
5. The hotel pre-authorised charges to my debit card during our stay. One was authorised, one not. One remains pending 6 days after departure.