Search Hotels in Newton Aycliffe
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Aug 2020
Visiting Newton Aycliffe
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newton Aycliffe, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, bars and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Durham Cathedral, Durham Castle and Bowes Museum.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Newton Aycliffe
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 29.7 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newton Aycliffe
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Durham Cathedral, Durham Castle and Bowes Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Richmond Castle and Hartlepool Maritime Experience.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Newton Aycliffe. Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Redworth Hall Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Yorkshire Dales National Park, 31 mi/49.9 km from the city centre, and Barnard Castle, which is 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away.
Getting around Newton Aycliffe
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Newton Aycliffe Station or Heighington Station. Newton Aycliffe might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newton Aycliffe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 546.90 millimetres of rain falls on Newton Aycliffe each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Newton Aycliffe?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newton Aycliffe, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Newton Aycliffe?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Newton Aycliffe?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Newton Aycliffe?
What's the best hotel in Newton Aycliffe to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Newton Aycliffe?
Newton Aycliffe Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Newton Aycliffe by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newton Aycliffe Airports
- Accommodation near Newton Aycliffe Attractions
- More accommodation types in Newton Aycliffe
- Choose Your Newton Aycliffe Hotel Style
- Search Newton Aycliffe Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Newton Aycliffe
- Hotels Near Newton Aycliffe, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends