Guests are sure to enjoy the bars, restaurants and beer in Sawrey. Welcoming and relaxing, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its gardens. A top attraction is Hill Top.
- There are 4 Sawrey hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 73.9 mi (119 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sawrey
- Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, whereas Brantwood, Lakeside Windermere Ferry Landing, and Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Go Ape Grizedale, Lakes Aqaurium, and Lakeland Maze Farm Park
Getting around Sawrey
There are many transport options in Sawrey. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in Sawrey
You may enjoy one of these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Cuckoo Brow Inn
- Ees Wyke Country House
Cuckoo Brow Inn, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Ees Wyke Country House has a 4.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for Sawrey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Sawrey each year