Search Hotels in Dowanhill
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 24 Aug 2020
Where to stay in Dowanhill
4.5/5Wonderful!(590 area reviews)
Discover one of the coolest corners of a Glasgow, a trendy student district with historic streets, popular arts venues and offbeat places to eat and drink.
4/5Very Good!(5 area reviews)
The restaurants and museums are a few reasons travellers visit North Glasgow. Want to see more of the surrounding area? George Square and Royal Concert Hall are a few top sights nearby.
4/5Very Good!(49 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and great live music, there's plenty to explore in North West. Check out top attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and The SSE Hydro, and jump on the metro at Hillhead Station or Kelvinbridge Station to see more of the city.
Pocket Guide: Dowanhill
Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Dowanhill, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the bars and gardens. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, relaxing city has to offer, including its university, coffeehouses and restaurants.
- There are 4 Dowanhill hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Dowanhill
- Known for its live music scene, whereas Cottiers Theatre, Museum of Transport, and Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum are some local cultural sights
- Popular family attractions include Xscape Braehead, M&Ds Theme Park, and Aquatec
- Notable landmarks include George Square, Glasgow Cathedral, and Paisley Abbey
- The natural setting of the gardens is picturesque, and Botanic Gardens is worth a visit
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Buchanan Galleries, Buchanan Street and Princes Square
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at The SSE Hydro or Celtic Park
Getting around Dowanhill
Dowanhill has plenty of options for transport. Nearby metro stations include Hillhead Station and Kelvinhall Station.
Staying in DowanhillYou might like one of these traveller-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Hotel du Vin & Bistro Glasgow
- Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel du Vin & Bistro Glasgow with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating, whereas Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel has a 4.1 rating by guests.
Dressing for Dowanhill
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Dowanhill gets about 1326 millimetres of rain per year
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Dowanhill?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dowanhill, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Dowanhill?
What's the best hotel for families in Dowanhill?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Dowanhill?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Dowanhill?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Dowanhill?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Dowanhill?
Dowanhill Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Dowanhill by Star Rating
- Hotels near Dowanhill Airports
- Areas of Dowanhill
- Accommodation near Dowanhill Attractions
- More accommodation types in Dowanhill
- Choose Your Dowanhill Hotel Style
- Search Dowanhill Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Dowanhill
- Hotels Near Dowanhill, Glasgow
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends