Visitors to Kilmarnock are sure to enjoy the football matches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, university setting and parks. Paisley Abbey, Burrell Collection and Hampden Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Kilmarnock
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kilmarnock
Notable city landmarks like Dean Castle and Dick Institute might be worth a visit. While football fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Rugby Park. Additionally, you might want to add Kay Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kilmarnock. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Fenwick Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- The Park Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Paisley Abbey, located 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Burrell Collection, which is 16.8 mi/27.1 km away.
Getting around Kilmarnock
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kilmarnock Station, Kilmaurs Station or Stewarton Station. Kilmarnock might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kilmarnock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 47 millimetres of rain falls on Kilmarnock each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C