Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Prestwick, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the golf courses and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and local tours. Ayr Racecourse, Ayr Beach and Brig O'Doon are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Prestwick
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 26.1 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Prestwick
Ayr Racecourse, Ayr Beach and Brig O'Doon are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Culzean Castle in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Prestwick. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Golf View Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Carlton Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Adamton Country House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Getting around Prestwick
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Prestwick Town Station or Prestwick International Airport Station. Prestwick might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Prestwick
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Prestwick is 47 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C