Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Troon, which is also known for its golf courses and spas. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and seaside. Top sights around the area include Ayr Racecourse, Ayr Beach and Brig O'Doon.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Troon
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Troon
Golfing is a top activity, and Royal Troon Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Ayr Racecourse and Ayr Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Troon. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Loans Inn - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Piersland House - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- The Marine Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Brig O'Doon, 8.7 mi/13.9 km from the city centre, and Culzean Castle, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Getting around Troon
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Troon Station or Barassie Station. Troon may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Troon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 1319.50 millimetres of rain falls on Troon each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C