Search Hotels in Doncaster
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 17 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 30 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 11 Mar 2020
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Doncaster, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the theatres. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights in the city include Doncaster Racecourse, Doncaster Dome and Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodation options in Doncaster
- The closest major airport is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Doncaster
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Conisbrough Castle, Mansion House and Cast Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Cusworth Hall, Brodsworth Hall and Doncaster Minster. Other notable sights to explore include Doncaster Racecourse and Doncaster Dome.
Other top sights in Doncaster include Yorkshire Wildlife Park. Popular places to visit in the area include Magna Science Adventure Centre, 12.7 mi/20.4 km from the city centre, and Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, which is 16.6 mi (26.8 km) away.
Getting around Doncaster
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Doncaster Station, Bentley Station or Kirk Sandall Station. Doncaster might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Doncaster
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Doncaster each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Doncaster?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Doncaster, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Doncaster?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Doncaster?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Doncaster?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Doncaster?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Doncaster?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Doncaster?
Where's the best place to stay in Doncaster to learn about local history?
What are some hotels with pools in Doncaster?
Doncaster Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Doncaster by Star Rating
- Hotels near Doncaster Airports
- Areas of Doncaster
- Accommodation near Doncaster Attractions
- More accommodation types in Doncaster
- Choose Your Doncaster Hotel Style
- Search Doncaster Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Doncaster
- Hotels Near Doncaster, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends