Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Grimsby, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the golf courses and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Hull Marina and The Deep.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Grimsby
- The closest major airport is in Hull (HUY-Humberside), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 38.4 mi (61.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grimsby
Notable city landmarks like Grimsby Minster and Waltham Windmill might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Freshney Place Shopping Centre and Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Grimsby. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hall Farm Hotel & Restaurant - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn Express Grimsby - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Humber Royal Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit around the area include Hull Marina, located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre, and The Deep, which is 15.6 mi/25.2 km away.
Getting around Grimsby
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Grimsby Town Station, Grimsby Docks Station or New Clee Station. Grimsby might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Grimsby
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Grimsby each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C