Visitors can enjoy all that Arbroath has to offer including the seaside, architecture and monuments. The relaxing and countryside setting also entices those visiting the city. Montrose Basin, Thirlestane Castle and Glamis Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Arbroath
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Edinburgh (EDI), 53.3 mi (85.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arbroath
Notable city landmarks like Arbroath Abbey and St. Vigean's Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North Sea and Signal Tower Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Arbroath. Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Willowbank House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Montrose Basin, 8.4 mi/13.6 km from the city centre, and Thirlestane Castle, which is 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away.
Getting around Arbroath
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Arbroath Station. Arbroath might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Arbroath
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Arbroath each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C