Search Hotels in Carnoustie
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2020
Travellers to Carnoustie give high marks for the pristine golf courses and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, bars and beaches. Top sights in the city include Carnoustie Golf Links and North Sea.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Carnoustie
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Carnoustie
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and North Sea. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Carnoustie Golf Links and Panmure Golf Club are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Barry Mill to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Carnoustie. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Carnoustie Golf Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Station Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Corner Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Discovery Point, located 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Verdant Works, which is 10.3 mi/16.5 km away.
Getting around Carnoustie
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Golf Street Station, Carnoustie Station or Barry Links Station. Carnoustie might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Carnoustie
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Carnoustie each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Carnoustie?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Carnoustie, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Carnoustie?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Carnoustie?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Carnoustie?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Carnoustie?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Carnoustie?
What's the best luxury hotel in Carnoustie?
What's the best golf hotel in Carnoustie?
What are some hotels with pools in Carnoustie?
Carnoustie Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Carnoustie by Star Rating
- Hotels near Carnoustie Airports
- Accommodation near Carnoustie Attractions
- More accommodation types in Carnoustie
- Choose Your Carnoustie Hotel Style
- Search Carnoustie Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Carnoustie
- Hotels Near Carnoustie, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends