Search Hotels in Forfar
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Nov 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Forfar has to offer including the monuments and museums. J.M. Barrie's Birthplace, Glamis Castle and Thirlestane Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Forfar
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Forfar
The city's cultural venues include Meffan Institute and Art Gallery and Angus Folk Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Glamis Castle, Restenneth Priory and Aberlemno Stones. Additionally, in the area you'll find J.M. Barrie's Birthplace and Thirlestane Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Forfar. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Royal Hotel Angus is located in central Forfar. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Forfar can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Farmtoun Bed and Breakfast is 0.6 mi (1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Forfar can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Cosy Central Flat, Forfar is located within 3.2 mi (5.2 km) of the city centre. Located in Forfar, this 3.5-star cottage features a kitchen, a fireplace and free WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include Verdant Works, located 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city centre, and Discovery Point, which is 14 mi/22.5 km away.
Dressing for Forfar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Forfar is 26 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C