Search Hotels in Stonehaven
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Stonehaven are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and seafood restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Drum Castle, Hazlehead Park and Gordon Highlanders Museum.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Stonehaven
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 15.7 mi (25.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Stonehaven
Attractions like Stonehaven Outdoor Pool and RSPB Fowlsheugh are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Dunnottar Castle and Stonehaven Tolbooth. Additionally, you might want to add North Sea to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Stonehaven. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shorehead Guest House - Amenities in this 4-star guesthouse include free WiFi and digital TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Woodside of Glasslaw Guesthouse - Our customers love the breakfast at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi.
- Chapel Of Barras Farm Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include Drum Castle, located 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre, and Hazlehead Park, which is 11.8 mi/19 km away.
Getting around Stonehaven
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Stonehaven Station. Stonehaven may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stonehaven
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Stonehaven gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Stonehaven?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stonehaven, will I receive a refund?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Stonehaven?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Stonehaven?
Where's the best place to stay in Stonehaven to learn about local history?
Stonehaven Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Stonehaven by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stonehaven Airports
- Areas of Stonehaven
- Accommodation near Stonehaven Attractions
- More accommodation types in Stonehaven
- Choose Your Stonehaven Hotel Style
- Search Stonehaven Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stonehaven
- Hotels Near Stonehaven, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends