Search Hotels in Stamford
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 28 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 7 May 2019
History buffs will enjoy exploring Stamford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens and bars. Top sights around the area include Burghley House and Rutland Water Nature Reserve.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Stamford
- The closest major airport is in Nottingham (NQT), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stamford
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Burghley House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Stamford Meadows. Additionally, you might want to add Browne's Hospital and Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Stamford. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- William Cecil - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- Crown Hotel Stamford - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- THE GREEN MAN INN - Amenities at this 3-star inn include a bar and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Rutland Water Nature Reserve, located 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the heart of the city, and East of England Showground, which is 11.2 mi (18 km) away.
Getting around Stamford
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Stamford Station. Stamford may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Stamford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Stamford gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Stamford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stamford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Stamford?
What's the best hotel for couples in Stamford?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Stamford?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Stamford?
Where's the best place to stay in Stamford to absorb the local history?
Stamford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Stamford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stamford Airports
- Accommodation near Stamford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Stamford
- Choose Your Stamford Hotel Style
- Search Stamford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stamford
- Hotels Near Stamford, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends