Visiting Melton Mowbray
Visitors can enjoy all that Melton Mowbray has to offer including the churches, theatres and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Highcross Shopping Centre, New Walk Museum and Leicester Cathedral.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Melton Mowbray
- The closest major airport is in Nottingham (NQT), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 19 mi (30.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Melton Mowbray
A favourite place to visit in the city is Twinlakes Park. In the area, you'll also find Highcross Shopping Centre and New Walk Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Melton Mowbray. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Kings Arms - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Sysonby Knoll Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Stapleford Park Country House Hotel and Sporting Estate - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Leicester Cathedral, 13.8 mi/22.2 km from the city centre, and Jewry Wall, which is 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away.
Getting around Melton Mowbray
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Melton Mowbray Station. Melton Mowbray may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Melton Mowbray
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Melton Mowbray is 565.00 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C