Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Kettering, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas, bars and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and churches. A top sight in the area is Rutland Water Nature Reserve.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Kettering
- The closest major airport is in Coventry (CVT), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kettering
Attractions like Wicksteed Park and Queen Eleanor Cross are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kettering Conference Centre and Boughton House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kettering. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- THE SWALLOWS REST BED & BREAKFAST - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Barton Hall Hotel - Our customers love the convenient parking and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Kettering Park Hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Rutland Water Nature Reserve, 17.9 mi/28.8 km from the heart of the city, and Burghley House, which is 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away.
Getting around Kettering
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Kettering Station. Kettering may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kettering
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Kettering gets about 615.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C