Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Lichfield, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its bars, cathedrals and cafes. Top sights around the area include Birmingham Cathedral, Big Brum and Victoria Square.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Lichfield
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 23 mi (37.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lichfield
The city's cultural venues include Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum and Curborough Antiques & Crafts Centre. The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Lichfield Cathedral, Erasmus Darwin House, and Wall Roman Site. In the area, you'll also find Birmingham Cathedral and Big Brum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lichfield. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- St Johns House Lichfield - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Netherstowe House - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with free Internet.
- Holiday Inn Express Lichfield - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Top places to visit around the area include Victoria Square, 14.4 mi/23.2 km from the heart of the city, and Arena Birmingham, which is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away.
Getting around Lichfield
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Lichfield City Station, Lichfield Trent Valley Station or Shenstone Station. Lichfield might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lichfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Lichfield gets about 766 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C