Visiting Burton on Trent
Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Burton on Trent, which is also known for its spas and riverfront. Welcoming and countryside, this city attracts tourists with its football matches and cafes. Top sights around the area include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, Alton Towers and National Memorial Arboretum.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Burton on Trent
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 24.3 mi (39 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burton on Trent
Notable city landmarks like Tutbury Castle and Claymills Victorian Pumping Station might be worth a visit. The city's rivers and countryside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include National Memorial Arboretum. Additionally, you might want to add National Brewery Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Burton on Trent. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The 3 Horseshoes - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with digital TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- Hilton at St George's Park, Burton Upon Trent - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Dog & Partridge Hotel by Greene King Inns - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, located 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre, and Alton Towers, which is 16.1 mi/26 km away.
Getting around Burton on Trent
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Burton On Trent Station. Burton on Trent may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Burton on Trent
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 758.80 millimetres of rain falls on Burton on Trent each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C