Search Derby Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Derby, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas and lively bar scene. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its football matches. Around the area, top sights include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, Nottingham Cathedral and Nottingham Castle.
- There are 130 hotels and other accommodation options in Derby
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Derby
The city's cultural venues include Derby Museum and Art Gallery and Derby Theatre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Elvaston Castle, Derby Cathedral, and Kedleston Hall. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Donington Park Racing Circuit, Derbyshire County Cricket Club and Pride Park Stadium are favourite sights to visit.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, located 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre, and Nottingham Cathedral, which is 13.5 mi/21.7 km away.
Getting around Derby
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Derby Midland Station, Peartree Station or Spondon Station. Derby might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Derby
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Derby gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Derby?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Derby, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Derby?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Derby?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Derby?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Derby?
What's the best high-end hotel in Derby?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Derby?
What's the best golf hotel in Derby?
What's the best accommodation in Derby to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Derby?
Derby Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Derby by Star Rating
- Hotels near Derby Airports
- Areas of Derby
- Accommodation near Derby Attractions
- More accommodation types in Derby
- Choose Your Derby Hotel Style
- Search Derby Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Derby
- Hotels Near Derby, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends